Spectators of a sports festival in 2018 will be able to win a flight by helicopter Mi-2 over Murmansk.
In Murmansk, everything is ready for the third festival “Gulf Stream” -2018, which will be held this Saturday, September 8. Traditional holiday sports in 2018 are waiting for small changes, perhaps most importantly – the opening. The solemn ceremony is scheduled for 16.00.
– The opening of the festival will take place later than usual because we are pushing from the big water – the swim through the Kola Bay will start at 18.00. To date, participation in it has been confirmed by 35 people, including foreign guests from the Netherlands, Poland and South Africa, “explained the head of the city administration Andrei Sysoev at a press conference. – The water temperature on Saturday, according to forecasts of weather, will not exceed 5 degrees. This is quite a comfortable environment, and we can say that the swim will become a rehearsal of the third world ice championships, which will soon take place in Murmansk.
The sports part of the festival is represented by competitions in 14 kinds of sports. To the already traditional organizers added and completely unusual. So, to hold battles, the organizers will even create snow. True, artificial. The city team for the Yukigassen this year collected all the possible awards and will now show its skills in throwing snowballs on the Gulf Stream.
Those who are far from professional achievements in the sport, too, will find what to occupy themselves on the holiday. For the first time at the festival will open “Arctic cuisine”, where you can taste delicacies from different parts of the Kola Peninsula. The culmination of the holiday will be a lottery. The main prize is a helicopter trip over the city.
Detailed program of the festival “Gulf Stream”:
16.00 – 16.30 – opening ceremony (left-bank fork of the bridge across the Kola bridge);
12.00 – 20.00 – yacht trade “Arctic cuisine” (a playground under the bridge across the Kola Bay);
12.00 – 18.00 – demonstration of modern equipment and weapons of the Northern Fleet (a platform under the bridge across the Kola Bay);
17.00 – 17.40 – track and field run (bridge across the Kola bridge);
18.00 – 19.00 – swim through the Kola Bay;
18.30 – 19.00 – demonstration marines (a playground under the bridge across the Kola Bay).
Sport events of the festival:
12.00 – 18.00 – obstacle course “Crazy mile – 4” (a platform under the bridge across the Kola bay);
12.00 – 18.00 – mini-football competitions on sand (a playground under the bridge across the Kola Bay);
12.00 – 18.00 – beach volleyball competitions (a playground under the bridge across the Kola Bay);
12.00 – 18.00 – competition for “Yukkigassen” (a playground under the bridge across the Kola Bay);
15.00 – 16.00 – cycling competitions (flyover on the left bank of the bridge over the Kola Bay);
16.00 – 18.00 – rugby competition (playground under the bridge across the Kola Bay);
16.00 – 18.00 – competitions in park chess (a playground under the bridge across the Kola Bay);
16.35 – 16.50 – parade of motor and motor vehicles (bridge over the Kola Bay);
16.35 – 16.50 – arrival on the runovels (bridge over the Kola Bay).
16.40 – 16.50 – competitions on roller sports (bridge across the Kola Bay);
16.50 – 17.00 – arrival of persons with disabilities (bridge over the Kola Bay);
17.00 – 18.00 – competitions on kayaks (the Kola bay).
Rewarding athletes (a scene on the site under the bridge across the Kola Bay)
18.00 – 18.30 – awarding of winners and prize-winners of the festival “Gulf Stream”: cycling, kayaking, track and field athletics, roller sports;
19.00 – 20.00 – awarding of winners and prize-winners of the festival “Gulfstream”: “Crazy mile”, swimming.
You can get to the venue by special free buses:
– from 15.00 to 15.45 hours from the Sports Palace of the Central Stadium (Sports Square);
– from 15.30 to 16.15 hours from the right side of the Kola bridge to the launch site.
The last bus from the right bank leaves at 16.15.
And by city transport:
– By bus number 19 to the stop “Mail”, st. Dostoevsky;
– by bus number 18 to the final stop, st. Bauman;
– by trolleybus № 4 to the stop of ul. Bochkova (children’s polyclinic). Then walk to the Kola bridge (Pribrezhnaya street).
Free parking spaces for spectators and participants of the sports festival will be provided along Podgornaya Street in the car market area. From here, free buses will be delivered to the bridge.